Jack Ma , born September 10, 1964 is a Self made Chinese business magnate and philanthropist. He is the founder and executive chairman of Alibaba Group, a family of successful Internet-based businesses. He is the first mainland Chinese entrepreneur to appear on the cover of Forbes. As of November 2014, he is the richest man in China (Hong Kong not included) and 18th richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of $24.1 billion according to Forbes (According to Wikipedia)
He is a man with vision and dreams. He has consistently failed in life yet has never given up. We all must learn from this Living legend, that the biggest failure in life is to give up.
Here is a list of all the possible list of quotes which are full of wisdom by Mr. Jack Ma
You need the right people with you, not the best people.
No matter how tough the chase is, you should always have the dream you saw on the first day. It’ll keep you motivated and rescue you (from any weak thoughts).
Never ever compete on prices, instead compete on services and innovation.
We’re never in lack of money. We lack people with dreams, (people) who can die for those dreams.
I call myself a blind man riding on a blind tiger.
Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine.
Instead of learning from other people’s success, learn from their mistakes. Most of the people who fail share common reasons(to fail) whereas success can be attributed to various different kinds of reasons.
If you’ve never tried, how will you ever know if there’s any chance?
Help young people. Help small guys. Because small guys will be big. Young people will have the seeds you bury in their minds, and when they grow up, they will change the world.
I try to make myself happy because I know that if I’m not happy, my colleagues are not happy and my shareholders are not happy and my customers are not happy.
If you don’t give up, you still have a chance. Giving up is the greatest failure.
I don’t want people (in China) to have deep pockets but shallow minds.
You never know how much can you do in your life.
You never know that the things you’re doing are that meaningful to society.
You’ve to make consumers smart. An e-commerce portal doesn’t sell a product at cheaper rates, instead an offline shop sells it at a costlier prices.
Today, making money is very simple. But making sustainable money while being responsible to the society and improving the world is very difficult.
You’ve got to make your team have value, innovation, and vision.
When you are small, you have to be very focused and rely on your brain, not your strength.
If we are a good team and know what we want to do, one of us can defeat ten of them.
A leader should have higher grit and tenacity, and be able to endure what the employees can’t.
It doesn’t matter if I failed. At least I passed the concept on to others. Even if I don’t succeed, someone will succeed.
A peace talk is always difficult, always complicated.
You should learn from your competitor , but never copy. Copy and you die.
If the customer loves you, the government will have to love you.
Intelligent people need a fool to lead them. When the team’s all a bunch of scientists, it is best to have a peasant lead the way. His way of thinking is different. It’s easier to win if you have people seeing things from different perspectives.
We should never finish a 20-year program in two years.
When we have money, we start making mistakes.
Never ever do business with the government. Be in love with them, never marry them.
Without internet, there would have been no Jack Ma, and no Alibaba or Taobao.
It’s very difficult to know the outside world, but you know yourself. You know your need and what you want. If I know myself better, I can change myself to meet the outside world.
We appreciate yesterday, but we’re looking for a better tomorrow.
Opportunity lies in the place where the complaints are.
Life is so short, so beautiful. Don’t be so serious about work. Enjoy the lives.
Dream Big, Make It happen.
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
Showcasing the potential of design, innovation and sustainability across India’s manufacturing sectors in the coming decade. A week that will spark a renewed sense of pride in India’s manufacturing – and take corporate and public participation to the next level.
The Make in India initiative was launched globally in September 2014, as part of the Government of India’s renewed focus on invigorating the country’s manufacturing sector. The landmark initiative has made a tremendous impact on the investment climate of the country, and reflects in the significant growth of overall Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
Some of the facts are as follows.
Make in India has already created a strong impact with tangible results:
1. India is now 1st amongst the world’s fastest growing economies (Source: International Monetary Fund)
2. India is 1st amongst the world’s topmost greenfield FDI destinations, January-June 2015 (Source: Financial Times, FDI Markets)
3. India is 1st amongst the 100 Countries in the growth, innovation and leadership index. (Source: Frost & Sullivan)
4. India is 1st amongst the world’s fastest growing economies in both 2016-2017. (Source: WESP Report 2016, United Nations)
5. India is the 1st choice for technological MNCs to set up R&D centres outside their home countries. (Source: Zinnow Management Consulting Report)
6. India is the 7th Most valued nation brand in the world. (Source: Brand Finance)
7. India is 1st amongst the world’s most attractive investment destinations. (Ernst & Young – 2015 India Attractiveness Survey)
8. India is now 1st amongst 110 investment destinations polled globally. (Foreign Policy Magazine, Baseline Profitability Index, 2015)
9. India is amongst the top 10 investment destinations. (Source: World Investment Report 2015, UNCTAD)
10. India’s rank jumped 12 places on the ‘Ease of Doing Business’ 2016 list. (Source: World Bank)
11. India moved 16 places on the Global Competitiveness Index 2015-16. (Source: World Economic Forum)
12. India has recorded 35% Growth in FDI Equity Inflows. (Source: Department of Industrial Policy & Research)In order to keep this momentum going, the Government of India is organizing a landmark event called the “Make in India Week” in Mumbai from Feb 13 – Feb 18, 2016. This week-long event will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India.
The year 2015 has been an amazing year for the startups as well as the consumers. High level of competition gave consumers a variety to choose from. India has now become one of the largest bases for startups in the world after the United States, the United Kingdom, and China.
India has now secured a place among the largest bases for startups in the world after the United States, the United Kingdom, and China.
It also accounts for the youngest population with more number of startups being founded by entrepreneurs younger than 35 (no surprise considering the median age of the population in India is 27 years).
Here’s a snapshot of the investments that shaped the Indian startups scene in 2015 pulled from CrunchBase and Trak.in.
(Original post credits : Srikar Srinivasula – Tech Crunch)